Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Run

We ran the Mother's Day Run for the second year, and again it was an amazing experience.  I was able to raise over $600 with the support of great friends and family.  The money goes to the NICU in Calgary hospitals, which is something very close to my heart and without it my entire life would be so different right now.  They truly work miracles on some of the tiniest little bodies... it's hard to think back to how fragile Sam was in those days when I look at him now as a big, healthy, wild boy.


This year my Mom and Aunt joined us for the run.  My mom is my hero and my Aunt was the mom of a preemie 26 years ago.  It was super special for me to have these two wonderful women with me.  My Mom ran the 5km 10 minutes faster than I did... she's a champ.  My Aunt paced us the whole way, ran the whole thing and inspired me to keep moving.  Shaun, my best support person, talked me through trying to stop running twice.  I realize by the way I'm talking, you'd think the run was 25 kms... but for me 5 km is plenty!  Sam cheered, screamed, cried, read books, ate snacks... all in all a great time!
Pre-race snuggle... nothing better in the whole world!

Team Connolley!
My Mom with us waiting at the start line.  Pretty soggy but lovin' life!
How far we were from the start line... 20 000 runners and walkers!  Amazing!
Watching the balloons released in honour of Mrs Forzani who passed away this year.
Loves of my life!
Looking exhausted but still running
Finish line with my Aunt, Mom and Sam.  What a perfect way to spend a rainy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment