Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's Here, it's here!!! Christmas is here!

A very excited little boy woke up around 6:30am on Christmas morning asking if he had slept through the night.  I said yes and then asked him how many more sleeps until Christmas... after a moment of thought he was spinning out in his bed trying to run down the hall to get his Daddy up to come downstairs with us.  I wish I could have set up the tripod to catch his little face when he saw his little mountain of gifts.  He stood pointing at the tree with his mouth open and then said "Santa came, he did!"  Then Sam checked the cookies and sure enough they were also missing.  Another surprised face!  He worked hard to open all the gifts.  He said many things were "so cool."  We ate a family breakfast, packed ourselves up and headed towards our hometowns.
We arrived at my Mom's for a delicious brunch with my parents and siblings (along with Sammy's crazy Serry!)  Millions more lovely gifts.  Next stop was to Shaun's parents' place for another amazing meal with the in-laws.  I'm blessed that I have a wonderful set of in-laws that treat me like gold, stuffed my tummy and spoiled me rotten.  In the morning we headed out to Kane Acres for my family tradition (something that I wait alllll year for!) to spend the day with my extended family.  Lots of brilliant gifts of giving, yummy lunch, laughter in games and chats and ended the night with a boom (some cute little fireworks!).  Back to the Connolley's to see cousin Kaili, MORE gifts and family time.  We spent our last day down visiting, building lego, playing in the snow on the most perfect toboggan hill and eating.  It was an absolutely awesome whirlwind tour of 'home'.
Though the number of photos I took this Christmas do not do justice to the amount of fun we had and love we felt, we captured a couple moments.  Truly, I think Shaun took more photos this Christmas than me!
Sam with his Santa letter.  It says "Dear Santa, I love Christmas and summer.  Please have a treat.  Me and Mommy made these cookies.  Reindeers love carrots.  Stay warm in your sleigh.  Fly safe.  Love Sam."
Christmas morning gift unwrapping injury.  It may or may not have been a pre-existing basement renovation injury, but he was very concerned the the wrapping paper was cutting him.
Using his new snowball makers to transport gifts!
Snowboard goggles!
Snorkle!
Sam and his Godparents with the gift Sam made for them.  Love love love these two!
We had a whole bunch of winter fun activities planned but it was just too darn cold out to be outside for more than a few minutes.  We did go ahead and make our bird feeders though.  Lots of stinky-sticky fun!
Sam and Great Auntie Bobbi checking out one of the feeders we put up.
Like I said, weak attempt at capturing this beautiful holiday season but I did enjoy ENJOYING it instead of watching it through a camera lens.  Thank you to all the people in our lives that were so absolutely generous with gifts and time and food and love.  We are so lucky.  I enjoyed every speedy second of it.
Now off to make watch magic come alive... see you next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment