Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Heading into the Holidays!

I just love Christmas time.  I love the crazy cheesy lights.  I love sending out cards and checking my mailbox each day to see if I've received any.  I love decorating, especially with a 4 year old boy touch on it all.  I love time with my family.  I love the magic that Sam brings to our home during the holidays. I LOVE treats!
We are doing an stocking advent calendar this year... here are the first few things we've gotten up to as we prepare to Christmas.
Sam received a letter from Santa this year in November.  Rumour had it that Sam was so nice this year that Santa needed his help.  Sam filled this bag with some of his old toys for Santa to take back to his shop to give to other boys.  We left it on our step for Rudolf to pick up.
The next morning the bag was gone!  Here is Sammy with his very own Rudolf that was left there in place of the toys! 
Our advent calendar!
Day 1 - mail out Christmas cards!

Day 2 - put up the Xmas tree.  Sam decided on this night that he'd like to start sleeping in his undies to be more like his dad.  He also decided that ornaments are very breakable so this soft mitt on one hand will ensure that he didn't damage anything.  Yep... he's just as crazy as me! 
"Look it says Sam!" 
Just a little insight into my life... gonchies - check, reindeer antlers - check, favorite decorations out - check.  Doesn't get much better!  It did take us 3 days to get everything on the tree.  It was a very step by step process... lots of shifting things around and making sure everything had a good spot.  Sam seemed particularly concerned that I wasn't focussing on the back of the tree.  He had that covered!
Day 3 - Sam's Santa letter... he wrote the top part and then we glued his three things from his wish list onto the page.  Santa needs to find a race car track, a dragon and a robot puppy.  Let the shopping begin! (Before you panic, I have started my shopping but just not my Santa shopping list!) 
Day 4 - Breakfast for supper including a snowman pancake.  Only one melt down and a minor burn, success!

No comments:

Post a Comment