Monday, January 3, 2011

2011... A Promise of New Adventure

I can barely remember 2009, but I do know that it was definitely a year of struggle and frustration as well as a the year Sam came into our lives.  It was the hardest year of my life.  
Fortunately, my memories of 2010 are fresh and more than wonderful.  A year of watching my babe grow into a little boy... walk, talk, laugh, jump, play, eat and dance.  He has grown from a precious, fragile baby to a silly, handsome boy.  He makes me smile and laugh with his antics.  Shaun and I have shared tears watching him play in disbelieve that he is simply no longer a baby.
Somedays I can hardly believe Sam is almost 2 years old.  How does the time fly so quickly and change happen so fast?  At the same time, I can not even imagine what life was like without Sam anymore.  He is the light of my life.  He has made my marriage stronger, my days happier and my life fuller.  The joy Sam has brought me has erased (or at least buried deeper) the tough days of 2009 and replaced them with nothing but proud, happy memories.


So I welcome 2011 with wide open arms with faith that it will be another year or fun and games, love and laughter, all sorts of adventure.


This will be the year of laughing more and complaining less.  Taking me time.  Being in the moment during time with my boys.  Living in today being comfortable believing that the future is going to be incredible.  The year I get rid of my bad habits and embrace the habits that make me, me.  Picking up the phone and not saving a hello for tomorrow.  A year of the potty (oh jeeze, hope it doesn't take quite a year!!!)  Adventuring in our VW Vannie... big adventures!  A year to love what I have been blessed with and take credit for all that I've earned.  Taking my photography to the next level (nearly 7000 photos in 2010, hooofta!) and sharing how I see the world. Bringing back nap time for me.  Trade in "I wish I would have..." for "I'm so happy I did..."  Date nights!  A year to let go of what really doesn't matter and embrace life's gifts.  I'm ready for the change and the challenge.  I'm ready to celebrate, enjoy and live my life to the fullest.  Come along for the ride if you want, I know it's going to be amazing!


Oh and the year that gonchies transform my little boy into a super hero!






3 comments:

  1. Wow, you gave me goosebumps and a tear! You have inspired me to do a little reflecting myself. Bring on 2011!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an absolute blessing to have you and your family in our lives. Thanks for reminding me of how to have positive outlooks and for always taking time to remember what is important and what amazing people and adventures surround us.

    ReplyDelete