Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best Summer... Ever!

Those of you that know me, know that by the end of July I'm ready to return to work and have grown restless waiting to be back in school.  Though I still felt that way this year, I found a way to balance that desire with enjoying each second of my summer holidays.  I spent my days in the sun either working on my laptop or playing with my boy.  I made plans that included more adventurous activities than my usual playing at the mall.  I enjoyed my friends and their kids.  I took time to appreciate that I have a wonderful group of friends.  A bunch of people that make me a better person, that I feel like I learn from and have grown with.  This summer I realized how lucky I am to be surrounded by women that unconditionally love me - good days and not so good days.  I guess it took the fear of all being apart to discover what I had.  This summer is full of amazing memories, great chats, wonderful surprises, delicious food and truly good people.  How on earth did I get so lucky.

Here are some of the highlights of my August.  We also enjoyed Butterfield Acres, The Science Centre,  Heritage Park, play dates at friends houses, bbqs, lots of pool time, tats with Tat, and so much more.  This is my summer to remember and I truly thank all those special people... you know who you are, I love you!
I love so much about this photo... dirty, soggy, silly, little boys.
Yanna teaches the boys about life.
Building memories.
This is pure joy.  Tons of giggles.  Can just picture them as teenagers...
Daddy's cheer squad getting ready for the Spartan race.
Our Spartan and his biggest fan
Shaun about to leap over the fire!
It's very hard to spot Shaun... he's running just in front of a man in red.  Very close to the front of his pack!
Dressed in all black at the tire pulling station.
The mini-Spartan needed to take his shirt off too... hahaha!
Now covered in mud (we couldn't see that station from our seat) here is Shaun climbing up and backside of the a-frame.
Sam was so pumped for his Dad.  Though he wouldn't let Shaun touch him, he thought is was amazing how dirty he was.  He tells people that Shaun placed the mud on himself... I just wish he could have seen how Shaun got so muddy!  
Sam donating money to the firemen!
This was a highlight for Sam watching his Dad get sprayed with the big hose!
Our third annual trip to the Dirty Bird Westjet event.  It's a fun night for the families to come in for supper and kid friendly activities and then they drive a plane in for the kids to 'wash'.  This is the side effects of Sam eating cotton candy for dessert... yikes!
Watching the plane drive in.
As the jet was pulled into the hangar, Calgary Fire made this water arch over the plane.  It was pretty cool.
Getting ready to squirt the plane.
Quick wipe with this mop-thingy!
And finally the hose!  Sam really wanted to wash the S.
Boy stuff!!
We spent a weekend out at Shaun's parents' place.  Sam has a new love for quadding.  He spent hours riding with Daddy and Grandpa.  Country is in his soul.
Picking apples off the tree.
Diggin' potatoes for supper!
Helping Gramma collect some more apples.
Reaching on tippy toes to get an apple.
Running with cousin Serry.
Oh the fun we had.  Even looking at these photos I smile thinking about the times we spent together with friends and family and the time we had as our own little pod of three.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment