Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Fun Continues.... WEEK TWO

Another action packed week in the life of summer time Sam!  It's hard to believe him and I have spent 16 days straight together and for the most part have had the very best time.  I was secretly worried and dreading a WHOLE summer with Sam to myself; thinking I wouldn't be able to keep him happy and me happy for two entire months... that we'd get sick of each other and need a break.  And then I realize the last full summer we had together he was just a baby and I had just completed the most challenging year in my teaching career.  Five is wonderful... he's funny and smart and independent and lovely.  I'm so blessed and so proud to have this time with this little man.

We spent a morning at Calaway Park with Karen and Sawyer.  The sun was shining, the lines were very short, life was good!
Oh jeeze... I picture 15 years down the road... these two monkeys behind the wheel of a real car... YIKES!
Now that's an awesome mom... I'm making sure to pause this summer and appreciate the amazing moms I have in my life.  I let life take over during the school year and forget to work hard on these important relationships.  I love Karen... she has boundaries, yet knows how to let Sawyer be independent.  She know all about having FUN!  She talks to him like he's grown, but in the next moment she sits with him in a puddle while waiting for us on a ride.  Karen has been one of the most influential friends in my teaching career.  She has helped me realize who I want to be as a teacher and that what I believe is important is worth fighting for.  She is always honest, but with only the best intentions.  She has gifted me this same relationship in the mom world too and I'm grateful every day to have her in my life.
Who loves the ferris wheel?  We do!!!  High five!
Terror and joy all wrapped up in one sweet little face!
We got to spend a morning at Mac's lake this week too.  Mac and Sam played in the sand and water, roamed the playground and then had their butts kicked by a couple Brazilian kids in a game of soccer.  It was a great morning!  For me, selfishly, it was a long overdue visit with Robyn.  She is a person that I can relate to so well.  We go months and months without seeing each other and then when we do it's like no time passed at all.  Robyn is a tell how she sees it kind of girl, with a heart of gold.  I cherish our friendship, her parenting style, our similar love for teaching, her selflessness... I'm so happy to have this woman as a friend.  
Beach boy!
A hot morning we filled the pool and then by afternoon the water was warm.  Sam loves loves loves to splash!
VEGAS BABY!   We had an awesome mini-trip to Vegas this weekend to be with our friends as they got married.  The night before the wedding we went to Tournament of Kings (if you have young boys this is an AWESOME pitstop in Vegas) and then hit up the arcade.
Sam's viking helmet from the show... Uncle Bill wore it most of the time!!!  
Take a bus... NO, take a cab... NO, rent a limo bus to drive us 3 blocks... HECK YES!!  Though Sam looks as tired as I felt, it was a pretty cool ride back to the hotel.
My handsome boys waiting for the beautiful bride to arrive.
Post-wedding (sorry, no sneak peeks, the couple hasn't seen the pics yet!).  Two beautiful faces that I just adore.
Bam!  Classic wedding jumping picture!
Nothing like a post wedding dip in the pool on a 40 degree day!  Only wedding I've ever been to that has pool time between ceremony and reception!
Dining at the Paris - Mon Amis Gabi.  DELICIOUS!
Lucky boy snagging a quick snuggle with the bride!  Chelsey is another mom in my life...  She works hard to balance love and discipline, to give Linc the world without spoiling him.  She is patient, consistent, determined and her love is unconditional.  She is a friend that shows genuine interest in our lives, adores Sam and completely understands that somedays are a little more emotional than others.  I value our friendship and I'm so happy to have her in this 'sisterhood' with me.
How many kids do you think can say the got to climb up the leg of the Eiffel Tower this summer!?!?  I know at least two who loved it!
Nothing says wedding night like a quick on the street shot with Bumblebee!  Only in Vegas...
Teaching Sam the art of photo bomb... I'm sure that's going to come back and bite me in the butt!
We spent our last morning in Vegas at the Shark Reef.  I said "Quick, Komodo dragon face!"  Nailed it!

Just petting some stingrays.  You'll have to ask Sam sometime about the one that climbed the wall and jumped up at me.  Hilarious and terrifying all at the same time.


Look at this rag-tag group of resting tourists!!!  Love these guys!
Couldn't leave our Vegas hotel without a couple sweet flamingo shots.
A flamingo momma and flamingo Sammer!
Now that was a memorable week!!!  It's going to be pretty tricky to top that one.  Two weeks in and six to go... wonder what fun this week will bring us...

No comments:

Post a Comment