Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Lovin'

It has been a wonderful first week off of work.  Sam and I have got up to all sorts of adventures.  We had an amazing visit with some very special friends from my childhood.  I thought I'd just be seeing my girlfriend (and her three boys) for a visit before she headed back to Lebanon.  I was SOOOO excited to see her finally after a busy spring and not having time to get to see her.  On arrival, I found out two more of our friends were joining us and with their children that brought the kid total up to 9!  I loved seeing their 'babies' and seeing the familiar features they share with their moms.  I loved watching all of them play (even though Sam mostly just played near them).  I love that all four of us have a baby born in the same year.  And most of all, I loved seeing my friends be moms.  Though we are all so different and have ended up with very different lives, I believe they are some of the most beautiful women (in and out) and I feel blessed to have them in my life.  I wish it was more often, but feel so grateful that no matter how many years pass, they are still loving and caring women.  Such a great day.
Another really fabulous day was spent with Logan and Lindsay at the splash park in Airdrie.  The new park opened up on July 1st.  Though its a little smaller than we hoped and there are still the odd glitches that are being worked out, it's a great place to play and have close to home.  
We got there around 11 and there was a malfunction with the water... that is, there was none.  It was sort of nice because the kids just ran around and played on the structures.  As Lindsay put it so well "I think they enjoy this park more without the splash!"
Mom of the year just photographing her 3 year old hanging upside down over concrete... errrr... oooops.
And now add water!  For the most part it was all about coming very close to the water and then screaming and running. Logan watches on as Sam gets 'dangerously' close to getting soaked!
One happy splash park go-er!
Sam runs the gaunlet!  Not too sure about this idea on the first trip through.
LOVED it on the second try!
Quick break for a summer time picnic.  Lots of finger foods wonderful for eating on a sunny day.
Back to avoiding the sprinklers!  These two really are best friends.  It becomes more and more obvious each time we spend time together.  The lovey-dovey moment that happened on this adventure was when I was talking to Sam while he stood in front of me.  Logan stood by him and rubbed his chest.  Neither blinked an eye on this act... they just love each other.  Sorry Uncle Bill, I think it was love at first sight!
I even gave it a go.   That water is COLD!
After a good old play in the water, we hit the playground next to it and this was the last stop.  A saucer swing, made for two. <3
On the weekend Sam and I took an outrageously long nap... it really was a win win situation.  One - we had a freaking AMAZING extra three hours of sleep in the middle of the day while Shaun got a bunch of yard stuff done.  Two - we were able to stay up late and see the 100 year celebration fireworks that were happening for Stampede.  They had them in 5 locations around Calgary and we chose to go to COP to enjoy them there.  Unfortunately, Canada Olympic Park was under construction and things got a little crowded.  Fortunately, I am always in a rush to be extremely early for things and we got a prime spot.
The lighting was a little tough because we were close to the building and there was lights behind us.  The firework show was incredible and we were VERY VERY close to the action.  The photos don't even begin to capture how incredible they were.
My handsome boys waiting for the show.

Love
My little man watching in amazement.
Not the best photo, but a bunch of the fireworks popped in the shape of 100s.  SOOOO COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment