Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Ski Bunnies!

Last weekend Shaun swept Sam and I off to a weekend in the mountains.  We took advantage of the WestJet ski day sale and spent the day at Lake Louise.  As we were leaving the city, and there was a large ugly sky and snow coming down, we second guessed our choice in hitting the slopes.  However, by the time we parked at Louise, it was -2 with a huge sunny blue sky.  Couldn't have been a more perfect day.
Like the blind leading the blind... makes for lots of excitement!
My boys on their way back from an emergency potty break!
Silly happy boy!
Another try... I look all business but I promise I did have fun.  I was just doing all I could to focus on not falling and smashing my child!
Sam and I took a break to let Dad do a real run from the top.  We built a couple mini-snowmen (apparently that's a little frowned upon on the ski hill), threw some snowballs, had a snack and took some selfies!
 We decided that three runs were enough on our first day out as a family.  After lunch, Shaun went for one more and then we headed to Banff to continue our family fun weekend.  Shaun booked us into a beautiful room at the Rimrock, where we showered away our toque hair and changed out of snowpants.  We took the shuttle down town to avoid the slightly annoying parking situation in Banff.  Had a lovely supper and view of main street from Tony Roma's, hit up the candy store and a quick stop at Lulu just in time for Sam to pass out on Shaun's shoulder for the bus ride home.  Early bed also meant, EARLY to rise but no big deal.

My crazy little leprechaun having a couple last bounces on the bed before we left.

1 comment: