Saturday, August 3, 2013

COLOR ME RAD 2013

Today was one of those days that I will file in my memory bank as a great day of all time.  The Color Me Rad run took myself and my friend up and down the hills of COP.  As I hated each step, I loved the experience.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, was happy.  A little color added a lot of life and the entire event was filled with smiling people.  I love runs that all different ages and body types show up for.  I love anything that has people buy into fitness and health because it's FUN!  
Jen kept her phone on her so that we could capture some key moments.  I think they are amazing shots, but honestly don't even capture how cool the day was.  There professional photographers throughout the course, so I'm hoping there are a few more pictures of us in action.  I did check if they were available yet, but oddly enough only 2 hours after the race ended they haven't uploaded shots of 22000 people... weird.
Pre-race... dressed all up in our RAD gear.  We even made our own tank tops (thanks Pinerest!)  We are soooo excited!
I knew a group of former students would be running.  I was told the time and just hoped hard enough that I actually found them in all the colour and chaos!  Hard to believe that these 'kids' were in gr 7 when I started my teaching career and are going into their 3RD years of university!!!  CRAZY!  Love them!
In the starting shoot, sooooo psyched and ready for this craziness!  I even snagged a color bomb.  This is just after Jen yelled JOCKS ROCK!  That's why I love her!
Nervous... not sure what to do with this thing!  To open it there was a little  instruction that said 'bite me'.... hehehe!
Bombed!  First time being bombed!
Mid-race!  At this point I needed a quick stop to empty a lump of pink cornstarch from my eye ball... sneaky bombers managed to get it behind my shades!  Though half blind, I was a little grateful for a pit stop after a couple massive hills!
Finish line!  Too much fun.
One of those moments that I've honestly felt as happy as I look!


My motivation to keep running was Jen being just a couple steps ahead of me and looking so strong the entire time!  RADDEST chick I know!

Happy feet.  Tired, dirty but so happy.
This day belongs on my life highlight reel.  Can't wait for next year... perhaps I'll train for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment