Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Wonderful Week 5!

We have been so lucky this summer to have such amazing weather.  Acouple play dates this week - backyard fun with Gordays and zoo with Sarge.  It was really wonderful to have Shaun home for the week.  We went for family eye exams, tried out a couple new playgrounds, Sam explored our rental property and just low key stuff.  Life is good, I can't complain.

Not much beats jumping on a trampoline with the sprinkler under on a hot day!
Sam loves the arcade, so Shaun pulled our Wii out of storage and it's been a huge hit.  We don't even own fun games, but he just loves it.  He's going for a run here on the Wii Fit game.  This is a brilliant thing for rainy (or lazy) days!!!  
Working out!
Our summer of weddings continues to our second destination wedding.  This one took us on a road trip to Kicking Horse Ski resort to watch my cousin get married.  Sam is an amazing road tripper!  He's helping froggy focus on the movie they were watching.
One of my new very favourite loves with my biggest love!  We found the Goodies hot tubbing in 30 degree weather!!!  Crazy guys really know how to holiday!
Sam just had his feet in the hot tub because we didn't bring his trunks over to their condo... then he fell in, so he just hung out in his regular clothes.  Problem was we also didn't bring extra clothes over to their condo... so he borrowed some basketball shorts from Tony.  Fit like a charm!
The sweet ring-"bear" on our gondola ride up the mountain for a gorgeous ceremony with a breathtaking view.
Me, my two incredible grandparents... and a crazy photo bomber.  Perhaps that runs in the family...
Ring'bear' makes his entrance.  He was a big hit.  He walked the whole way with confidence, stood with the wedding party the whole time and was on his best behaviour.  We even busted tourist snapping pictures of this little bear!
The super sweet and completely thoughtful groom!  I didn't want to include any wedding pics as the couple hasn't released any yet, but the whole day was incredible with so many little touches that were perfect/hilarious/unique.  I loved it.  I also appreciated how special they made Sam feel.  Love you guys!
A couple of crazy cousins doing funny faces!
The lovely Allison - to continue with my summer of love for the Moms I love most... I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have my cousin marry this extraordinary woman.  I feel blessed to have her in my life.  I love the way she looks for the absolute best in people and truly believes that EVERYONE deserves a second chance and unconditional love.  I adore my cousin, and often think of him as my sibling, and somehow she's made him an even better man.  Together they have the sweetest little boy.  I can tell he is their whole world and that the 3 of them will have the most amazing adventures together.  Allison quietly and unintentionally always reminds me that things happen exactly the way they are supposed to for a reason and when the moment happens it will all be so worth it.  I wish the road between us was shorter, but love that it's always so easy and fun when we do find the time to spend together.
A couple of beautiful faces.
I realize that you cannot get the feel for how awesome this is, but thought I'd share because it makes me incredibly happy.  One of the ways to make the couple kiss at supper was to recreate your favourite romantic movie.  Our table put in a team effort - my cousins went to the upstairs balcony to do the well known scene from Titanic while my sister sang 'My Heart will Go On" and we made wave noises.  That's some pretty standard weirdness that happens when you bring our peeps together!
My little bear!
Just dance our bear bums off at the party afterwards.  What an awesome weekend.  So much to be grateful for.  Our condo was stunning, we did a run as a trio in the mountain, ate amazing food, saw some of my most special family and had a ton of laughs.  Wedding #2 - huge success - CHECK!


No comments:

Post a Comment