Saturday, July 24, 2010

Backyard Shenanigans

pictureAfter two summers of very hard work, Shaun has made our backyard a really wonderful place.  Though it's still a work in progress, it has become a place of fun and relaxation for us.  Growing up, I took for granted wide open spaces all of our own.  I didn't really realize how special it is to own a yard, have a deck, a plot to grow food, a bed to grow flowers, grass to mow and area for our little man to play his little heart out.  Here are a few shot of the fun we've had in the yard so far.  I'll post pictures later when it's complete.
Sam sized footprints after a day of fun in the pool on our deck.
1/3 of the yard is playground gravel, perfect for
sliding into!
 My very first strawberry that I grew in my very own garden.   Delicious little thing!  
Can't wait for more... nothing tastes as wonderful as garden strawberries!
That is the face of one determined little boy!  So funny to watch him "mow the lawn".  He'll turn this dial for a while, push and pull the mower around, then he throws down the handle, says 'bah-bah-bah" and walks away... I think it's the most perfect impersonation of Shaun's frustration with mowing the lawn anyone could do!!!
This is how Sam looks most of the time he is playing in the yard...
just plain happy.  I'm so gratefully to have a place like this special
for him to play and be a silly, busy, dirty, little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment