Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yesterday I turned 28.  I remember not too long ago thinking 30 was extremely old.  I couldn't have even imagined being anywhere near the age of thirty!!!  Now, I'm excited for it.  Life is so much more full and I think I have a better grasp on what is truly important to me.
Shaun planned a perfect day.  He made us breakfast, took us for a picnic and play downtown in a beautiful park, shopping for camera supplies and a dress.  He left after Sam went to bed and brought home happy birthday Blizzards.  So much time with the two people who mean the world to me.  Really couldn't have ordered a better day.

Starting the day off with Dad's homemade crepes is one way to make a little boy VERY excited about Mom's birthday.

First stop, car wash.  We whipped through a touchless one (only the best on my birthday!)  Sam was AMAZED!!!
After a picnic in Prince's Island Park, we headed down the a really wonderful playground.  It has equipment for all sizes of kids and Sam loved it.  Lots of fun!

Sam practiced his jumping off this little step.  Super entertaining!
Celebration of a jump well done (and his mommy's birthday, I'm sure!)
Next stop was the splash park.
Doing some water kicks with Daddy!
Up to mom for a towel and a snack... aren't moms the greatest!

Picture is a little blurry but I think that is due to my incredible speed!!!  Sam loves a good under-duck!
LOVE LOVE LOVE swing time.


I realize my pictures make it look like it was Sam's birthday, but he is the greatest gift I've ever been given.  His joys are mine and to see him happy is more than I could ever ask for.


Here's to another year... health, happiness, love and laughter.  Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment