Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Photography - Baby Avery

I’ve always had a passion for capturing the moment.  My photo albums, both actual books and on my computer, are some of my most treasured items.  I really fell in love with taking pictures once I started teaching.  Snapping shots of my athletes in action was something I thought was pretty cool.  It was something that I loved so much and built a webpage to share with the kids so they could see themselves with their game faces on.  At this point, I decided that a dream of mine would be to someday take photos that people would pay money for or that the whole world could see.  
I have enjoyed taking pictures of almost EVERY SINGLE step of Sam’s journey in life.  It’s a rare day in our house that my camera doesn’t come out.  Most pictures are quite average and more to save the memory than to get the perfect shot.  He could be the best little model out there, but only if his mommy is behind the camera!


My close friend gave me the opportunity to try to snap the perfectpicture.  I took pictures of her second
baby belly and we both loved them so much that she also let me take newborn pics of her daughter once she arrived.  It’s amazing how personal and intense trying to capture the real beauty of someone is.  Don’t get me wrong, Lindsay and her girls are gorgeous, but when I talk about beauty I mean something more.  Not so much what they look like, that’s an easy shot.  Trying to put who they are and what they mean to this world into a picture is a challenge.  I think though, once you accomplish this, it’s something that you want to strive for.  Think of your favorite photos... it is always more than cute or pretty or colourful.  It’s more the way it makes you feel.  Those are the pictures I want to take.



No comments:

Post a Comment