Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Daddy's Big Run

Shaun has been running since the new year at the gym at his work.  I knew he was running, but I had no idea how hard he had trained!  We loaded up early Sunday morning to head to a 10km race in Canmore.  There were thousands of people (there was a 5km and half marathon the same day), so it was something very cool to be a part of.  The crisp mountain air made me worried that we'd be cold, but Sam kept me very busy until Shaun crossed the finished line... really no time to think about being cold.  Shaun did an amazing job... he finished 31st out more than 600 people!!!!  The beautiful mountains, my baby cheering O, O, O (go, go go) and my wonderful husband running across the finish line... almost a tear jerker for this sappy mom!!!  I'm so proud of Shaun... maybe one day I'll be able to run with him!

GOOD MORNING racers!!!!
The Connolley cheer squad (we are actually wearing matching outfits!)
Pre-race
Sam's favorite part of the run was the platform in the middle of the field.  He jumped off a BILLION times!
Hey Dad, wait for me!!!
I knew he'd come back for me!
Some of the 10km runners... can you see Shaun?

Shaun crosses the start line and his time begins!
We watched these stationary mini loaders for a long time... better than the zoo apparently!
Water break!  Watching for daddy is exhausting!
And here he is finishing about 45 min later!!  Yay!
Post-race photo
Being a biggest fan is hard hard work!  Sam was tuckered right out!
We celebrated at the park after returning to Airdrie... note, matching outfits .

No comments:

Post a Comment