Sunday, September 26, 2010

70 Years Young... A trip to Kane Acres

Today is my Gramma's 70th birthday.  She is an indescribable woman and I'm so happy to have her as a role model in my life.  Many many many days in my childhood were spent on my Grandparents farm, so each time I go back it's a walk down memory lane.  Today, not only did I get to celebrate 70 years of life, but also share this special place with Sam.


Happy birthday Gramma.  I love you more than you will ever understand...

Great Grandpa taught me how to smash playdo balls...
SMASH!
Now a quick lesson on airplanes... don't want to brag but my Great Gramps is a pilot who owns his own plane!  Maybe one day I'll get to go up with him!!!
Auntie Brie teaches me about chicken, but I don't like them!  I don't trust those noisy birds!
YES!  We found a tra-turrr.  Best day ever!
All sorts of fun things on the farm!

Sam with the birthday girl.
My Gramma is an amazing artist creating beautiful pieces out of everything... and I mean everything: willow, oil paints, feathers, pencil crayons, water colours, glass and millions more.  She looks at the world through the eyes of someone who find beauty in everything.  We made t-shirt of some of her art pieces today so that we could be her walking art gallery.  This doesn't even do all her work justice, but hopefully it shows how much we all admire and love her.

1 comment:

  1. that's so nice that you guys made all those t-shirts. i'm sure gramma just loved it!

    ReplyDelete