Monday, October 11, 2010

A Weekend of Reasons to be Thankful

This weekend we headed home to be with family for the long weekend.  We made a short stop to see Sam's great Gram and have an ice cream party while visiting.  Though I didn't get a picture of the generations, I thought it was so special to see them all together.  Life is a precious thing, that sometimes we forget to appreciate.


We spent two days at Shaun's parents' acreage.  There is something about that part of the country that is good for the soul.  The air is a little cleaner, the sky is a little brighter and life is a little slower... I love it.  Makes me happy, makes Sam happy.  There are no words to explain it why but it just feels like home.


We had an AMAZING brunch at my Auntie's this morning.  I love time with my family.  They make me smile and laugh.  Never a dull moment, lots of crazy facial hair and genuinely good people.


I have so much to be thankful for in this life that I live.  I'm lucky and blessed and truly happy.


A walk with Grandpa

Undeniably one of the most beautiful skies I've seen in a very
long time... breath taking.



Best ride in town! 
Tried quadding and LOVED it!

Sound checked Uncle Chris's baby sized drum set... I have a feeling this is going to end up in my basement soon!



Probably the funniest thing ever... Sam started to toss the dirt clumps into the air and Roxy (Uncle Chris's 100lb dog) started to jump up and snatch them.  Sam thought it was AWESOME.  Full on belly laugh and had all of us laughing too.  So cute and good to see that Sam hasn't inherited my fear of big dogs!

Nothing better in the world than the sound of his voice...

1 comment: