Sunday, March 27, 2011

Family A Fair

Shaun was able to take one day off to celebrate Spring Break with Sam and me.  Since we aren't really having 'Spring' we found some indoor fun at an event called the Family A Fair.  It was sort of like a trade show with products and services aimed at families with pre-school aged children.  Tons of fun!!!!
Picture taken through the mesh of the bouncy house.  I was busy trying to chase Sam around inside, but it's obviously not built for someone my size and all the poor kids were being pulled into my vortex!!!  I had to get out because I was worried it would become that first childhood memory that Sam had of me embarrassing him.  Low and behold, he did AMAZING all by himself without his mommy hovering over him.  He bounced, he slid, he bonked his way through the obstacle course.  A real survivor... or maybe just not a baby anymore!
Another highlight of this event was the Butterfield Acres booth.  They brought a bunch of their 'babies' in with them.  Some still had their little umbilical cords!  Sam loved the goats.  Little nervous but petted them whenever they turned their backs.  The piglets scared him because they were trying to sniff his shoes and looked like they were going to eat his toes! 
Such a soft little lamb.  Super sweet.  After this we went over to pet some baby bunnies.  As Sam leaned down to touch one, this lamb wondered up and began to nibble Sam's ear.  I may or may not have karate chopped it, but I didn't want to forever have to apologize and explain how I let a sheep eat the tip of his ear at an indoor petting zoo.  Regardless of my cat like mother reflexes, we now have a running joke about a sheep nibble in our home.  Funny!  Sam said "Silly Peep!"
This is the part where we got our baby his first tattoo.  Pretty sweet.  When the man finished, Sam whispered "Thank you" with a huge smile on his face!
Finally, the main event, meeting Bob the Builder.  Couldn't even believe his eyes.  He kept saying "Outside, Bammy, Bob Builder, Meet."  Then when he saw him, he couldn't even speak.  It took until nearly the end of his act for Sam to leave my lap to do a little dancing and get closer to the stage.  For the next two days, he has sung Bob Builder, can he fix it!
Though I do love the sunshine and miss it dearly, I'm glad for this indoor type day that we spent as a family.  No it was not Disneyland or the sandy beaches of Mexico, but it was pretty cool.  I love Spring Break!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so hilarious - my favorite part is how you may or may not have karate chopped the little lamb, I am laughing as I write it even! Sounds like a great day, glad you guys got to share it :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete