Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Madness

Here we are, half way through March, and I've finally had the time to sit down for some quality time with my blog.  It's been a busy month of report cards, road trips, birthday parties (both ones we've missed out on and been too), cold weather and now beautiful weather.  I probably have 101 more excuses as to why I didn't blog, but the most important thing is that I'm back in action!
I've tried to start planning theme days with the boys while I'm cooped up.  The freezing weather was getting me down and I felt like I was in a slump.  I spent a few hours planning out activities, fun foods, crafts, etc for each day with the boys.  It was a life saver.  Having a plan gave me purpose and something to really look forward to trying each day.  Love doing it!
Here is a little glimpse into our busy days so far this month... enjoy!
Nothing like a snowy blowy day to motivate us to build a fantastic fort in the living room.  The foam floor mats are perfect for making tunnels, but definitely not indestructible enough for a couple little boys!  
Another adventure we tried was baking cookies together.  I put all the supplies into kid sized bowls and each one took a turn pouring in an ingredient.  Stirring was the hugest hit!
Seriously could be the very best cookies I've ever made... EVER!  I just needed a little toddler magic to make them that much better.  Best little helpers!
Sam working on his egg carton caterpillar.  Though the paint looks like pudding,  from the look on Sam's face after eating it, I can say if does not taste like pudding!  This has been a multi-day craft, but tons of fun.
Clearly nothing is more enjoyable than balloon bouncing.  We've had balloons out for almost the past month.  Yes, someone has bitten or broken one each day but with proper supervision and 'rules' (hahaha, I try really hard to give them rules) they play for many minutes.  Bouncing off heads, playing with static, working on catching, kicking, looking through and bum bouncing... never ending fun!
My little 80s punk!  My Aunt's surprise 49th birthday was 80s theme... and we rocked it!
The baby whisperer... crimped hair and all! (You can't see it well but Sam is wearing jean cut offs and Serry is wearing a shirt that says "No one puts baby in the corner".  Love it!
Kiss for my cousin!
New hair, but equally as rad!
I HAD to post this picture of my sister... look at her and then the baby... EXACT same face.   You are in for a wild ride, Breezer!!! :)
Gramma and 'Kitty' snuggles!
Love this guy... pulled off creepy 80s like he lived it!
Finally some warm weather!!! We have spent almost every waking moment possible playing outside in the past two days.  This little boy loves splashing and crashing!  Freezing fingers, wet pants, snow burned face... nothing stops him from wanting to be outside.  Can't even wait for Spring!
This is our snowman we made today... Sam was inspecting his mustache.  Mr PotatoHead pieces come in very handy for snowman building!

No comments:

Post a Comment