Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fighting the Good Fight

You know that mom... the one in Walmart?  The one whose toddler has obviously not had enough sleep though she tries desperately to get him to sleep past 5am?  Can you picture her?  Child flaying on the cement floor, refusing to listen to her and the logic that the Walmart floor is not the cleanest (or most private) place to pitch his first tantrum.  She bravely scoops him up, carrying his angry body while pushing a cart and trying to escape all the eyes of the people shopping.  Battered by tiny punches to her head and back, hair being pulled (total bummer on a good hair day) and little legs kicking any part of her possible.  Imagine the highest pitch noise add sobbing and a million "no"s.  Boogers, drool, tears leaving little streaming on his cheeks.  
Can you see me?  Were you at the Walmart today?  Yeah, then, I admit that was me.  I ducked, dipped and dodged to get out of there but I had a feeling I didn't escaped unnoticed.  Sam's fit of rage continued through the parking lot, into the jeep, all the way home, out of the jeep and around my home.  I have never ever seen anything like that and I hope to goodness never to see it again.  Absolutely WILD!  I hope this is not the fate of my next year... perhaps it was a little glimpse of how lucky I've been and how sweet he actually is.  I am praying for the latter.
Moments after the fit... exhausted...


Oh me?  Yeah I'm ok... besides messy hair and a bruised ego, I think I am no worse for wear.  All I have to say is that it's a good thing he's so cute!

1 comment:

  1. awww, not a fun way to end a walmart trip :( I hope you guys have a better afternoon!

    ReplyDelete