Friday, July 26, 2013

Messy Munchkins

I had an awesome opportunity to volunteer at Sam's school for Messy Day.  I use the term volunteer fairly loosely as Jenny and Jodi had everything under control and I was mostly just a bystander for the morning.  The great thing is that I got to take photos and laugh A LOT!  I got there and they were having 'bug infested' jello!  The kiddos were digging bugs and snakes out of their snack with sticky fingers.  Little did I know this was only the tip of the iceberg!
Patiently waiting to check out Messy Day!  Watching the set up going on outside.
Jenny giving a very clean crew the rules.
And this is how it begins... slippery feet and funny faces!
Next step... bum slides... things started to get a little crazier and obviously so much fun!
Everyone slip sliding away.  I love the face of 'K' in the background... she looks shocked at the whole ordeal.  I'm sure my face looked very similar to hers!
Zombie hands!
I don't think they enjoyed this at all...
Oh Sam, you have a little something on your nose.
Messy Munchkins on the hill, ready to get back to play!
A very messy group shot if extremely happy kids.  What an awesome idea.  Who knew a tarp, some shave cream and a big backyard could be soooo fun!  Not going to lie though, one shower and a tub with TWO shampoos later and he still smells like a little old man!  All worth it to watch him and his friends have this crazy fun!
And this happy little face reassures me each day that he is in the very best school each and every day filled with fun play and tons of learning.  That he is growing up with sweet kids and having a blast doing it.  And each day I'm grateful for Jenny and her sisters and the work they put into ensuring that my boy (along with all the other kids) have the very best pre-school experience filled with CRAZY memories!  Each day I know Sam is safe, loved and having the time of his life.  Does it get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment