Monday, August 23, 2010

The Count Down begins...

I am heading back to work as of next Monday.  After 19 months off, I am going back to my old school to teach in a job share.  I will be in school every other day.  It just seems so strange.  Not sure how to name my feeling, but I know it's what I have to do for now.


Last Monday of being a stay at home mom...

A couple more little strawberries.  I'm sure they wonder just as often as me where in the world was the summer time weather this year.  Today Sam picked all my berries (there were three, including one white one) and ate them.  Initially I couldn't believe he did it, but then realized that is exactly what I grew them for.
All my peas in a row... there are even a couple VERY skinny pods beginning to show.
There is something that strikes me about how peas reach out and grab stuff.  They tightly grasp onto anything that will hold them upright.  I can sympathize with them... it's how I feel about this coming school year and how I will be needing to hold on tight to my colleagues to help me through.  That I will want to snuggle and squeeze every moment out of Sam on my days off.  I get you peas, I get you.
Sam always wondering what his mommy is up to.
Peek a boo my handsome boy!
It was the perfect sky to take pictures of Sam looking down at me from his slide.    Too much fun.  Moments like these are what I will miss most.  Look at that face... can't help but smile.

I hope my students work this hard... you can see the determination in his face.  He was trying to fit a rock into the grip of his play wrench.  Obviously a tricky task.
I also hope my students take the time to sit and think things through like Sam does.  I really believe Sam is an old soul. The kind of baby who has been in this world before, who looks at things and remembers them from another time, who loves his little life and appreciates all the things around him. 
Self portrait... not the best picture I've ever taken, but I love it all the same.  Another perfect day with my boy.

1 comment: