Friday, August 6, 2010

Thank God He's a Country Boy

We spent some time this past week at Shaun's parents' home in Bentley.  There is something about the drive to central Alberta that makes me feel like I'm heading to where my heart is.  The yellow canola reminds me of summers on my Grandparents farm, playing for hours with my cousins.  The green of a John Deere is a favorite of mine... I even painted my bedroom that colour when I still lived at home (my mom has since painted over, apparently it's not for everyone.)  Fresh air, the patchwork of fields for miles and miles, silence.  I love that both sets of Sam's Grandparents still live in this area of the country... it is the perfect setting for boy to visit and play.

Our second annual canola field photo together.  Last year's picture was taken on our VERY first outing since Sam had been born (over 5 months old).  The first thing that I ever wanted to show him was the yellow, rolling fields.
Gramma and Grandpa Connolley
Dad gets in on the fun!  You can't help but love these fields!
If only this photo had audio!
I think we found Sam's happy place!  I'm not sure yet how he'd feeling if he heard the noise up close, but for now tractors are a very wonderful thing!
Three generations of Connolley men... love them!

1 comment: