Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Joy of Love - day 5

05 love to hate
I thought today's topic would be really easy.  My first idea was to take a picture of Shaun sleeping in.  I'm always soooo jealous that he can sleep in the morning when I get up with Sam.  That all the noise doesn't even bother him.  I wish I could let Shaun get up with Sam and be able to stay in bed.  This morning I crawled out of bed to get my yelling toddler from his bed.  We cuddled, peed on potty and when we came out of the bathroom the light in my bedroom was on.  Shaun was up.  No sleeping in.  Hm.
Don't worry, I have another thing that I love to hate.  I never, ever get an uninterrupted shower.  I get maybe the first 32 seconds to myself and then Sam barges in through the door wanting me to come out and play with him.  I thought I could bring my camera upstairs with me and wait in the bathroom to take a picture through the glass shower door when Sam came in.  I waited.  No Sam.  Then I heard the sound of Sam and Shaun drumming in the basement.  I set down my camera, hopped in the shower.  I even shaved my legs.  No interruption.  Huh.


And this is when I realized that those really are things that I love to hate.  I hate when Shaun sleeps in, but I love that extra early morning snuggle and play time with Sam.  I hate that I never have a couple minutes to myself for a relaxing shower, but I love that Sam loves me so much that he gives me only a few seconds until he needs to know where I am and to play with me.


On a totally different note, we got to celebrate Sam's friend Lincoln's 4th birthday today.  Shockingly, I forgot my camera!!!  Crazy!  Anyways, a good friend of mine took some shots and here is my favorite one...
Poor little Logan has no idea what's about to hit her... great action shot taken by Lindsay Gorday!

No comments:

Post a Comment