Thursday, December 9, 2010

CCC Day 9 - Getting to the TOP!

Big task today... Sam and I built the Christmas tree topper.  I'm going to admit it, I did do most the work but Sam helped me sooo much.  He loves watching and picking colours and placing things on glue dots.  A few steps were left out of my photos... jar of sparkles were just tooooo messy to leave in the hands of Sam even if only long enough to take a quick picture!  Tons of fun.  Making an angel with my Angel!
Sam choosing which angel to make out of our Christmas Fun book. 
Placing pompoms on my glue dots... great job for little fingers.  He chose which colour of pompoms to use.  Nothing says Christmas like fluorescent yellow!
These sneaky little pompoms were very challenging to get back into the container.  Sam kept saying 'ooot-see'.  Don't panic, we managed to wrangle them back into order!
I drew the face on our angel and Sam took it upon himself to clean up the markers afterwards.  Like I said, best little helper out there.  There was another picture of him putting the scissors back on my craft table, but it didn't look safe (even though it was!)
Sam holding the 'girl' we made.  He was obsessed with her.  Very upset when we put it on top of the tree where he couldn't reach it.  I have a feeling I need to make another one that sits on a lower branch for him to play with!
And here she sits... probably my favorite tree topper EVER.  The best part is her rosy cheeks were made using Sam's tiny finger print.  The perfect ending to my day and the perfect topper for our tree. 

2 comments:

  1. SO cute Mandi and Sam! Did you have a kit or just come up with this all on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in one of my Usborne books... not a kit but the idea. Lots of fun and easy to make. Sam is a very good pompom placer!!!

    ReplyDelete